Federal fishery enforcement agents seize 881-pound bluefin tuna from commercial fishing vessel by Buck Denton.
A fisherman’s enormous catch recently ignited a debate over whether fishers should be allowed to keep bycatch that is caught and landed without the proper permit, which would have allowed the fishing vessel to legally keep or sell the catch. Unfortunately, small-government advocates pounced and argued that the seizure was yet another example of federal government overreach and mismanagement. However, small-government advocates are either naive or are ignoring a plethora of facts and issues.
- oceanofrandomness reblogged this from mad-as-a-marine-biologist
- marckymarc64 likes this
- daydreamering reblogged this from mad-as-a-marine-biologist
- daydreamering likes this
- thelilmerm3 reblogged this from tigersandunicorns
- themarinewithin reblogged this from mad-as-a-marine-biologist
- raven0992 reblogged this from mad-as-a-marine-biologist
- sallydough likes this
- underthesunandthensome likes this
- tigersandunicorns reblogged this from the-elephant-quadrille
- lifethroughgeologictime likes this
- mad-as-a-marine-biologist posted this