It’s a mixed up, muddled up, shook up taxidermy world.
As if he trained on the Island of Doctor Moreau, artist Enrique Gomez De Molina has created a myriad of endangered species hybrids.
His pieces, which sell upwards of $80,000, were created in an effort to ‘raise awareness to the danger faced by a range of species, with his surreal pieces representing the dangers of genetic engineering and human intervention’.
But De Molina is suffering for his art. He could be sentenced to jail for up to five years and be fined $250,000.
To create his pieces, he illegally imported the parts, skins and remains, from whole cobras, pangolins, hornbills, and the skulls of babirusa and orangutans from areas all over the world including Indonesia, Thailand, the Philippines and China, thus adding to the demand for endangered species, that is part of the reason of why they are endangered in the first place.
Well done, Sir.
The artist pleaded guilty to illegally importing parts from endangered species to make the unique pieces of art after his arrest in November, reports Miami New Times.
According to the report, he is charged with possessing the skins of a Java kingfisher, collared kingfisher, bird of paradise, and juvenile hawk-eagle as well as the carcasses of a slow loris and a mouse deer, all from Indonesia.
The artist had not obtained the required permits to import the animal parts, and police claim De Molina knew what he was doing was illegal as he asked the people he bought them from to wrap them in carbon paper.
- myvoronoi likes this
- piranhateeth reblogged this from escapefrommetalgear
- wiildmountaiinhoney reblogged this from mishapenmagic
- lewislamour likes this
- flashbackpractice reblogged this from mad-as-a-marine-biologist
- maarzipan likes this
- kirstenjaskela reblogged this from mad-as-a-marine-biologist
- brockjen reblogged this from mishapenmagic
- lightgrabber likes this
- joyouspoke reblogged this from aidonwanadai
- aidonwanadai reblogged this from blasphlegme
- yellow-fr3ak reblogged this from escapefrommetalgear
- prettyfarts reblogged this from mad-as-a-marine-biologist
- fixatedinsanity reblogged this from lostcause2390
- yaniibam likes this
- lostcause2390 reblogged this from openlydiseased
- blasphlegme reblogged this from karoljeanthies
- crystalstuddedskulls reblogged this from dancingbull
- ubrfangrlsydney1 reblogged this from julestheecat
- karoljeanthies reblogged this from mad-as-a-marine-biologist and added:
- masmoney reblogged this from anordinarywarlord and added:
- jessepinkson reblogged this from jessepinkson
- theminimonsters reblogged this from detective-devil and added:
- detective-devil reblogged this from cumstainsandmascara
- cumstainsandmascara reblogged this from mishapenmagic and added:
- kabasa likes this
- biocas likes this
- nidika likes this
- grinningmango reblogged this from slvrbck
- rehearsedindifference reblogged this from reptileally
- unqualitytime likes this
- bad-jew-jew reblogged this from mad-as-a-marine-biologist
- mxmissile-proof likes this
- julestheecat reblogged this from ethereal-ineffability
- ethereal-ineffability reblogged this from dorkelson
- sam-of-silvermoon likes this
- thezookeeperslife likes this
- convergentmargins likes this
- k-dizzle-licious likes this
- artcaui likes this
- sunshineandturpentine reblogged this from mad-as-a-marine-biologist
- gustice likes this
- jacktopusartwalk likes this
- fadedhues reblogged this from hardcore-park0ur
- tishiebotishie likes this
- harmonicheritage reblogged this from hardcore-park0ur
- masturbatingbumsarebad4business reblogged this from mishapenmagic
- masturbatingbumsarebad4business likes this