Palawan binturong (Arctictis binturong whitei) is a subspecies of binturong endemic to Palawan Island, Philippines. It can grow up to 1.4 metres (4.6 ft). It is subject to the exotic pet trade and in some places hunted for it’s meat.
Distinguishing characteristics are the ears that are lined with white fur, and long, white whiskers that can be as long as the length of its head. Generally docile when handled, the bearcat nevertheless has sharp claws and teeth that can easily rip through flesh. It can suspend itself by curling its strong prehensile tail around branches. Its vertically oriented pupil indicates that it is a nocturnal animal. It has coarse, thick black-brown fur.
It also smells like pandan, which is delightful!
- ody-ssea reblogged this from mad-as-a-marine-biologist
- cephalopodqueen reblogged this from mad-as-a-marine-biologist
- watchingthenightsky reblogged this from mad-as-a-marine-biologist
- xaerithsgardenx likes this
- sophiependragons likes this
- violetghosts likes this
- lifethroughgeologictime likes this
- the-chez likes this
- mad-as-a-marine-biologist posted this